Prescriptions wil be ready 48 hours/2 working days from when the surgery receive the request
Please allow at least 48 hours before visiting your collection point.
We can only process requests for repeat prescriptions – if you require a new medication you will need to book an appointment or speak to one of our doctors on the telephone.
Information about Repeat Prescriptions
- Repeat prescriptions are normally for patients with long-term conditions who receive regular treatment.
- Your doctor will explain the repeat prescription system upon beginning regular treatment.
- You can order a repeat prescription by post/letter or contacting your local pharmacy who can request the prescription for you.
- Please provide the exact drug names wherever possible.
- Please allow at least 48 hours after submitting your request before collecting your prescription from the surgery or your chosen chemist.
- Your doctor will review all repeat prescriptions regularly.
- Patients with some chronic illnesses such as diabetes, hypertension, heart disease and asthma will be seen regularly for monitoring of their condition.
- Please tell us of any changes to your repeat prescription list made at the hospital or if you stop any medication by yourself.
- Do not stockpile unwanted drugs at home – return them to your chemist
Prescriptions Charges and Exemptions
Extensive exemption and remission arrangements protect those likely to have difficulty in paying charges (NHS prescription and dental charges, optical and hospital travel costs).
The NHS prescription charge is a flat-rate amount which successive Governments have thought it reasonable to charge for those who can afford to pay for their medicines. Prescription prepayment certificates (PPCs) offer real savings for people who need extensive medication.
These charges apply in England only. In Northern Ireland, Scotland and Wales prescriptions are free of charge.
Click here for details of the current charges
If you will have to pay for four or more prescription items in three months, or more than 14 items in 12 months, you may find it cheaper to buy a pre payment certificate.
- The quickest way to order a PPC is online - Buy or Renew a PPC Online
- If you need help buying a PPC, call us on 0300 330 1341
There is further information about prescription exemptions and fees on the NHS website